• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cutting Problem on VP-540

ProColorGraphics

I have been having some troubles with my VP-540. When I am cutting, mostly with the align cut after laminating, the machine will cut long random lines. It will follow the cut contour line then just randomly start cutting long line all over the material then go back to cutting out the contour like it is supposed to. I know it's not the file as I will print it again using the same file and it works fine and it has happened with many different files. It happens to me quite often and is very frustrating. I am saving a .eps to my print computer then bringing it into versaworks.

Thanks
Matt

Mainframe

I have switched from using eps files to pdf files in versaworks, I have better luck overall with this method, also (just to let you know though it shouldn't matter) I design in illy on a Mac & send them over to the pc side of the Mac, maybe try this.

ProColorGraphics

What bothers me is that I used to have Versaworks setup as a network printer where I would just do a file-print directly to versaworks. I do use a PC with Vista. Ever since I got my new machine,both with Vista, it tells me that the proper network drivers are not available to install the network printer. It was so nice to be able to just do a file-print rather than dicking around saving files on my network. I have a pc for just designing and one that just runs my printer.

What does your Roland tech have to say? I "assume" you are on warranty with a VP. Does this happen with all your files? You may have a bad board in the printer if it's completely random...not saying it is...but a possibility. When it makes the bad random cuts are the cuts made length, width, or both directions?

zigns62

open your EPS file in ill make sure you have nothing selcted, right click and click on outline. this will show if you have any stray cutline hidden in the file.

DRamm76

They ask questions like that because whether people admit it or not, the problems are not ALWAYS on the machine end..a lot are user..Roland Techs also can come on here and answer every question with, gee why don't you call the guy who sold it to you too right?

ProColorGraphics

I have my tech working on it. They thought it was the ethernet cable. I have since replaced the cable and haven't had any problems yet, although I haven't done a lot of printing and cutting yet.

It has happened with multiple files. I will then reprint and cut the exact same file that screwed up before and it worked fine. ???

I have also had problems running the firmware update. It is currently on 3.0. I have the installer from Roland for 3.1. The installed recognizes the machine and everything but it won't complete the process. Has anyone seen this?

I am just posting the questions on here to see if anyone has had the same problems and if they have found out how to fix them.

stillhasdust

I had a silimilar issue, My roland would just stop cutting all together and it would just say "Now Processing". I had to change my network card in my computer.