• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Cutting problem

tkhart3

I have a roland sp 300i . when I perform cutting, It does not finish cutting to where it starts and stops. when removing excess material , it lifts the edge where it started and stopped. oracal 5650ra reflective. cut pressure 100gf and offset is .25 . thank you. thomas

Rusty B

I had this problem once with a Vinyl Express cutter. I use flexi cloud software and production manager and inside production manager I had to select overcut and set it at maybe .20 or similar and it fixed my problem. Mine would do it on every letter when cutting text and I messed with the offset with no luck. I have read many forums that always said it was blade depth and offset. Now when I set my depth to the vinyl I simply remove my blade from the holder and run it across my vinyl with a little force holding it straight up. If it cuts through the vinyl and not the backing I put it back in. If not I repeat and fine tune the blade dept in. However I still turn on the overcut feature in production manager. My solution may be different than yours but I hope you figure it out. It's annoying!!

ams

It's the blade holder, soon as I replaced mine, it worked perfectly. But also make sure your cutting strip is good too.