• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cutting Problem

sbratherton

Hi Al

Having a problem cutting, it may be that i have too much text in my work space, as i move it around to make the most of the space available, when i come to cut it there are large areas that have not been cut, if i remove some of the text it will cut ok. Or have i just missed a trick somewhere.

Regards.

Steve

dblwider

It's possible that the color of some of your letters are slightly different and flexi is not including them. haven't used flexi in longtime but believe you can only cut one color at a time. make sure all your letters preview in your cutting dialog(production manager?).

briderx

Umm, no offense but I think I missed something?! Which program are you using? DB said something about "FLEXI" and if that's the case, then yes, you will want to change all your letters to 1 solid color, or check production manager for the box that allows you to select the colors to be cut.

DB: Flexi allows multiple colors to be cut at any given time.

dblwider

they have flexi 7.6 written in the user profile-i just remember that back in my days with flexi you had to choose witch color you wanted to cut in production manager-couldn't remember if you can highlight more than one color and cut. If the OP is still having problems i do have flexi 7.5 loaded on one of my computers. if you need to send a sample file to me i'd be happy to open it and take a look.

Best of luck

Last edited:

Doug Pulver

You might want to check that all the text is selected. If you have moved text to make room some might not be selected. Click the "Zoom to all objects" button, this should bring all the text you are trying to cut onto the workspace, then select everything and try cutting.

Flexi will cut all colors at once unless you deselect a color in the Production Manager.

Hope this helps.