• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Cutting problems with blade length S CLASS Tangential

cuartadimension

Hello
I have problems when calibrating the cut length of my summa S CLASS TANGENTIAL.

When I cut thick MX material, there are areas that the cut deepens more than others.

The slow, curved zones, with the same pressure and speed and in the same file, cuts them much more, cutting even the rear liner. Whenever the tangential cut rises and falls, does it use the same force ???? Use more force in the slow zones than in the fast ones ??? Use 450 of force and a speed of 300 with blade of 60 degrees. It is necessary that the wheels of the nose when making the cut, touch on the vinyl ???

Thank you :)

Attachments

• IMG_2447.JPG
    IMG_2447.JPG
    156.5 KB · Views: 325
  • IMG_2448.JPG
    IMG_2448.JPG
    167.8 KB · Views: 292
  • IMG_2449.JPG
    IMG_2449.JPG
    150.4 KB · Views: 294
  • IMG_2450.JPG
    IMG_2450.JPG
    146.7 KB · Views: 285
  • IMG_2451.JPG
    IMG_2451.JPG
    155.8 KB · Views: 302
  • IMG_2452.JPG
    IMG_2452.JPG
    203.3 KB · Views: 298
  • IMG_2453.JPG
    IMG_2453.JPG
    153.4 KB · Views: 299
  • IMG_2454.JPG
    IMG_2454.JPG
    209.1 KB · Views: 298

jerry369

You have to reduce the knife depth. The knife must extend out of the nosepiece the minimum necessary to cut the material (slightly more than the thickness of the vinyl).
In this way you can increase the pressure as you need without the risk to cut through the backing of the vinyl

AF

If the above doesn’t work, replace the blade with a new one and test. If that doesn’t work, you may need a new cutting strip.

EffectiveCause

Premium Subscriber
Hello
I have problems when calibrating the cut length of my summa S CLASS TANGENTIAL.

When I cut thick MX material, there are areas that the cut deepens more than others.

The slow, curved zones, with the same pressure and speed and in the same file, cuts them much more, cutting even the rear liner. Whenever the tangential cut rises and falls, does it use the same force ???? Use more force in the slow zones than in the fast ones ??? Use 450 of force and a speed of 300 with blade of 60 degrees. It is necessary that the wheels of the nose when making the cut, touch on the vinyl ???

Thank you :)

The blade will cut deeper in the slower zones simply because it spends more time on the material than it does on the faster areas. You might try to lighten the force a little and see if you can't find a middle ground where it will still cut through the material in the fast areas without cutting all the way through the backing in the slow areas.

AF

I have run into vinyl that was not the same thickness across the width of the roll which made finding the best pressure impossible. Thin areas would cut into the liner and thick areas would not cut deep enough. If the machine checks out, it could be the material.

cuartadimension

Thanks for the answers., The problem is when I change blades, I do it three times a week, and you have to re-adjust the length of the blade. I find it very complicated to adjust the length. Ideally, just adjust the MX vinyl cut and let the nose wheels support and roll over the material. The perfect thing would be a digital adjustment, to calculate the correct depth. :) The plotter and the blade is new :)

EffectiveCause

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the answers., The problem is when I change blades, I do it three times a week, and you have to re-adjust the length of the blade. I find it very complicated to adjust the length. Ideally, just adjust the MX vinyl cut and let the nose wheels support and roll over the material. The perfect thing would be a digital adjustment, to calculate the correct depth. :) The plotter and the blade is new :)

WOW! What kind of material are you cutting that you have to change the blade 3 times a week. We cut anywhere from 10k to 50k labels and decals a week and go months between blade changes. The blade should only stick out about the width of a credit card. The force you set it to will determine the depth it cuts.

cuartadimension

Explain me wrong :( Change of blade, depending on the material I cut a lot of Motocross material, 530 microns, and polymeric materials and cast., The change is not by wear, it is by cutting different materials with different blades :)

kffernandez

If you do that much work requiring blade changes, why not get more blade holders?

Summa S Tangential Series doesn't have blade holders that can be swapped as easily as drag knives. you literally have to screw it in every single time. that was one of my biggest complaints coming from a roland print/cut. well, probably my only complaint. :p

kelly