• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cutting Problems with Gerber enVision 375

subarutex

We recently upgraded to Flexi Cloud here to go along with our new Epson s30.

We still have an old Edge, and the accompanying enVision 375 plotter. This combo rarely gets used anymore, but there is still a couple of jobs we need to use it for (mainly lexedge decals).

I was able to get the Edge setup in the PM no problem, and have run a couple test prints.

However, with the enVision I keep running into a road block.

If the enVision is installed in PM as a enVision 375 HPGL, I am able to send cuts to it and it will cut. However, it does not allow for Force adjustments via the software. Which means everything doesn't get cut (it really just puts a scrape line down).

When I install the cutter in PM as a enVision 375, I get the Force options under "driver options". But, when I send the job to the cutter, it says Error: 23, unknown plot data and prompts to restart the cutter.

Is this a known issue? I really would like to find a work around for it. I am aware that the obvious answer is to manually adjust the cutter force on the machine for each material (although its kind of hard with no numbers, and a limited range of adjustment). With multiple people in the shop using it, sometimes that gets a bit troublesome (stuff gets cut wrong force for material).

Any insight is appreciated!