• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cutting Problems with SP540

select426

We are having cutting problems with our SP540. We can send a file once and it will print and cut it but as soon as you send a row of the same file it will print it but it will not cut them. The machine finishes printing and then sucks it back to cut it but does nothing. We have tried a new cable from the computer, new RIP software and new firmware in the machine itself. Also after this it will not print anything at all until you restart everything a few times then you can print normal prints just nothing with cut lines or it will do the same thing. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

GTSTech_1

Have you confirmed there is a cut-line on the graphic? Also confirm your not "print only" under the cut control tab in Versaworks. Sounds like 1 or both of the above are the issue. If it was something with the printer, I would think you wouldn't get a good print.

My $.02

sfr table hockey

When you try to print and cut your row, are they being printed with the cut line being printed as well? If so, something in the images is fighting with the cut line. If not printed then your cut lines are done propper, just some other issue.

From what you say it sounds like the exact same file being printed in a line, so no real reason why it should change.

select426

The file does have the print and cut function choosen. It is not printing the pink outline of the cut line just when it sucks it back in it will not cut just says it is processing and won't do anything. We have tried numerous different files thinking maybe it was something with the cut line but it is the same issue. I know this seems very strange that it will do one just it won't go back and do the same file tiled. We are at a loss of what to try next.