• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cutting Quality Issues

Monsterkidz

Hi Guys & Gals,
We are cutting on a Graphtec 7000MK2-75 and we have tons of issues when cutting small(ish) letters and graphics. I would say anything under 1" is a crapshoot. Cutting 651 seems to be better than when we cut Cast material.

Attached is a photo of something we cut this morning.
The "& Baking" is 1.5" Caps with .75" Lowercase and the Futura "B" is 1.3" H.

Cutting settings are:
Force: 16
Speed: 7
Quality: 5
Offset: 0

I've seen other shops cut tiny, tiny letters and have them look perfect. I can't give this to a client, it looks like a third grader cut it with their teeth.

Any Help on settings or tips would be great!

Attachments

• Vinyl.jpg
    Vinyl.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 71

ChiknNutz

No idea if this is the issue, but I just had an issue with my older Summa D60 where the cut quality had deteriorated from perfect to very iffy in places. I discovered that there was dirt packed on the track and wheels relative to the cut head. I don't have a pic of it all and don't know if the Graphtec is built the same way, but the wheels are tapered and have a spring behind them to apply pressure to the horizontal track they run in. As the wheels ran over the dirt bumps, it caused the cut line to deviate. After cleaning them of the dirt, the quality returned.

Monsterkidz

Hmmm, couldn't hurt the clean everything. I am going to try that now.
One thing I noticed is my cutting shit is cut to hell. Blade is about 8 months old too.

GP

Although it bothers me to do it every time, I switch to a 60 degree blade and slow down the speed for small letters.

Seems to no "drag" as much.

Also, when it's getting consistently poor, even on larger Bold letters, I swap out the blade. It does not take much to nick the blade. They really don't seem to last as they should, but it usually helps the cause.

Good luck.

GP

Monsterkidz

Thanks everyone!
I'm going to order a new blade and cutting strip today.
I also will try GP's suggestion with using the 60 degree blade on small stuff.

Any other settings you think I should mess with inside Flexi/Poduction manager itself?

GP

Not to hijack your thread (I think it is somewhat relative) -

What does the quality setting do?

Just curious - mine is set to 2

GP

Monsterkidz

I've found that when I increase the quality, the cuts get WORSE! haha

That's why I was fishing to see what settings other people are happy with.