• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

cutting roll paper

GetPixelized

Does anyone know how to or where to have roll paper cut???? i am looking to have a 60" roll of photo paper cut down to 44"..... any help is appriciated.....

thanks....Dave

drive

we cut down rolls of vinyl with a radial arm saw. not too sure about paper though. i'd worry about it catching on fire lol. I guess you could try cutting a couple inches off if you have such a saw available and aren't worried about the waste of paper

i have cut down backing paper before on a 10" sliding compound miter saw, Make sure the roll is nice and tight, use a newer fine tooth blade and use duct tape to tape all the way around the area you want to make your cut 2-3 layers thick.

MikePro

band saw... except take a grinder to the backside of the band (non-sawtooth part) while its moving and gently sharpen it to make a band-BLADE.

(same works with an old band, and just sharpen the old teeth down)

just twist the roll in your hand opposite of the cutting motion and you're all set!