Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cutting smaller than should be on Camm 1 GX 24

Discussion in 'Roland' started by Lighthouse Promotion, Jan 8, 2014.

1. Lighthouse Promotion

Lighthouse Promotion Member

Oct 2, 2012
    Rycroft
    I must have adjusted something on my cutter or in cut studio. I am doing numbers for vehicles an some want a certain size. One company wants 2.25" high. I make the size copy and paste it in cut studio. When it cuts it,it comes out 1.75". Another one in a different file wanted 4" high and it cut it 3" high. For the first one I made it 2.85" and it cut it t 2.25" and the 2nd one I made 5" and it cut it at 4". Not sure why it's doing this -- it just started a while ago and it has worked fine for the past 2 years

Tags:
  2. Pat Whatley

Pat Whatley Major Contributor

Sep 29, 2003
    Wetumpka, AL
    Couple of things come to mind. First, are you sure the actual number size you are sending it correct? Some fonts have smaller numbers than characters. You'll tell the program to type a 2", your letters will be 2" but the numbers will only be 1.5". Text manager will say they are correct so you have to convert them to outlines and adjust the size there.

The other thought is that you have adjusted the scale on your plotter. Instead of cutting at 100% you're cutting at 85%. Check in Cut Studio to see if you've accidentally scaled something.

3. Mosh

Mosh Major Contributor

Oct 19, 2009
    Nerbaska
    I agree with the font deal, I know Clarendon number are smaller.

4. Lighthouse Promotion

Oct 2, 2012
    Rycroft
    Cutting smaller

Sorry I should have mentioned both letters and numbers are cutting smaller than what I copy and paste into cut studio. Just double checked this morning and GVW 39,000 at 2.25" high cut out on my GX 24 at 2" high. I also did a 4" x 40" long decal that (all letters) that came out 3" high. Where is the scaling set in cut studio. I can't find anywhere where it shows scaling. Under properties and size and shape, the height shows 2.25". The aspect bn is not clicked but it's not shapes I am having trouble with. I use CorelDraw X4

5. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    if shapes come in correctly, convert your text to curves before copy/paste

6. Lighthouse Promotion

Oct 2, 2012
    Rycroft
    I have been. I haven't changed the way I do things and it has always worked before. I just must have adjusted something accidentally and can't figure out where or what

7. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    well, the only thing I DO know is when i copy stuff from corel and paste into omega, it is ALWAYS smaller

8. OldPaint

OldPaint Major Contributor

YOU SAY YOU COPY & PASTE INTO CUTSTUDIO...WHY?
    what program are you doing the design work in?
    IF ITS COREL...........
    WHY NOT CUT FROM COREL?
    I think you got a problem when you copy 7 paste.....its sensing it all as an object, rather then text/numeric.
    DITCH CUT STUDIO...CUT FROM COREL.
    get the driver from roland dg.com
    http://download.rolanddg.jp/en/cutting.html#winxpdricamm1

9. Lighthouse Promotion

Oct 2, 2012
    Rycroft
    It's just the way I always did it and it worked fine but I will try the download and work right out of Corel X4 for cutting.
    Thanks

10. OldPaint

when cutting from corel.........USE WIRE FRAME, DO NOT SEND TO PLOT WITH COLOR INSIDE TEXT/OBJECT..........IT WILL CUT TWICE if you do...

11. Lighthouse Promotion

Oct 2, 2012
    Rycroft
    Cutting twice isn't the issue -- it's my text and numbers are smaller than what I built in Corel Draw. From 4" cuts to 3" and from 2.25" it cuts it at 2" high

12. OldPaint

cutting from corel..........USE WIRE FRAME.. or it will cut twice....was a CAUTIONARY STATEMENT!!! your problem of size..........MAY NOT HAPPEN WHEN CUTTING DIRECT FROM THE PROGRAM(corel) YOU CREATE THE GRAPHIC IN!!!!
    now does it make sense????

13. Lighthouse Promotion

Oct 2, 2012
    Rycroft
    Yes it makes sense -- sorry if I offended you just noting what the trouble was in size cutting not cutting twice

14. Lighthouse Promotion

Oct 2, 2012
    Rycroft
    Do you have the download for Windows 7 -- won't unzip as xp