• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cutting stickers out

midnightmadman

Whats the best way to cut completely through the vinyl and the backing to make shaped stickers?
I don;t want to damage the plastic strip or the blade.

Travis Stanley

Place a backing on some scrap vinyl do a practice cut and then adjust the depth as needed. small increments to get the desired cuts

Flame

I don;t want to damage the plastic strip or the blade.

Not happening. I've put countless hours into figuring it out, as I make a lot of small decals for customers....and simply put, this WILL put more wear and tear on your blade, as opposed to just cutting vinyl.

Are you printing & cutting via registration? I do this daily (printing and cutting the decal, then cutting the backing paper about .13" away from the edge of the vinyl)

Shoot me a PM and i'll tell you how I do it.

CheapVehicleWrap

Not happening. I've put countless hours into figuring it out, as I make a lot of small decals for customers....and simply put, this WILL put more wear and tear on your blade, as opposed to just cutting vinyl.

Yeah me too! :). Finally gave up on wanting perf cut. I have a method I cut on a 10 foot cutter bar. I can cut hundreds in minutes perfectly square.

natedawg9640

we do it. though it's sort of cumbersome.

we only do it every once it a while, so we just put premask on the back side of the liner and then adjust the blade depth to cut through the vinyl and the liner, but not through the premask. the mask acts as the carrying liner so when it's removed, the decals just fall out.

Williams Signs

Got graphtec and download cutting master software. The Q100 is the same machine as a FC7000. Then Make sure your cutter is connected through USB. Next got to you tube and do a search on cutting stickers. There is a video out there that shows you exactly how to do it.