• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cutting Strip/Encoder Strip How long should they last

showcase 66

The last time I ordered some they were called encoder strips. Now they are called Cutting Strips. Either way, I had to order some again, but I was curious to know how long they should last and/or how often do you change them out.

This time it was my and I cut through it with my blade. Stupid mistake on my part.

Anyways, Just curious.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Your blade can't get near your encoder strip in the machines I know of...........

Gino

Premium Subscriber
That's Okay..... it's later here than where you're at.... I'll have one for you comin' right up........ :toasting:

showcase 66

Hey Gino, How far is Lebanon PA from you. Or Hershey.

I have a cousin who is getting married next weekend and they live in Lebanon but I think the wedding is in Hershey. I am going to try and make it to the wedding and stay until the 18th or so. May try and run over that way depending on the weather.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Lebanon is about 30 miles straight up 422 and Hershey is another maybe 10 miles or so. Give me some notice and I'll make sure I'm at the shop. I've been playing alota hooky, lately.

showcase 66

I will let you know by Monday if I will be that way. If I do go, I will be flying into Wilkes Barre/Scranton and then heading down to Lebanon. I am trying to find a flight out of Allentown to head back. Visit some family there while I am that way.

Robert M

cutting strip

That depends. If you don't ever cut through the vinyl and backing paper they will last for years. We usually see a new plotter owner order one up after a few months of ownership and then not need another one for years,