• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

cutting strip help...

Wrapdup

I have a Q64 plotter. We have had to deal with replacing teflon cutter strips on our smaller, older machine. We bought a used q64 and have been hearing that the strip being replaced is part of the maintinence.

Well...... based off of looking at our older machine, our q64 is not the same. There is no "thin strip" the only thing below the cutting area is a thicker black hard plastic strip. It looks to be damaged by both the cutter blade and the cross cut. it needs to be replaced....

ok, now for my questions.... is this black piece the strip that needs replaced, or was there supose to be a thinner one on top of this black one? Again, our older machine had a thin, vinyl thick strip on it, and the black strip on this machine is about 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. so i just dont know which i am looking for.

and where would i get a new black plastic piece? it looks bad.

thank you

AUTO-FX

Yes, that IS the cutting strip. You could order one from Signwarehouse online.
Someone must have been cutting tint or something with that machine . It should last quite a long time.

Jim Doggett

ok, now for my questions.... is this black piece the strip that needs replaced, or was there supose to be a thinner one on top of this black one? Again, our older machine had a thin, vinyl thick strip on it, and the black strip on this machine is about 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. so i just dont know which i am looking for.

We have replacement strips at: http://www.signwarehouse.com/CAA-VE-p-PLTA-51407-141.html

Another option is to flip it over, and re-attach it with the worn side down. Just be sure to clean the old adhesive from the track and the "good side" before re-attaching it with an adhesive layer or double-stick tape.

Best,