• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cutting Strip Replacement for Summa S160 D

WrapMonkey

Production Manager
We have ran a Summa Cutter for years and I have recently learned no one has ever changed out the Cutting Strip. We have noticed Erratic cutting and after some investigation it turns out its the cutting strip. I have searched online and have not found instructions on how to replace it or where to buy it. any suggestion?
On a side note whats a good cleaner to use on the rubber grip rollers. I know some chems will kill rubber.

AF

Step 1: Buy new cutting strip from Airmark.

Step 2: Remove old cutting strip.

Step 3: Remove old adhesive from cutting strip channel with citrus adhesive remover.

Step 4: Prep channel by cleaning solvent out with alcohol.

Step 5: Peel and stick new cutting strip.

It is easy, you will want a gel type citrus remover and can modify a Lil’Chisler to fit in the slot to scrape up the goo.

Two strips on top of each other make the same thickness as a cutting strip. Stick it down where the strip goes and trim the extra off of the front side. You will never pay $60 for a cutting strip again.

TomK

Two strips on top of each other make the same thickness as a cutting strip. Stick it down where the strip goes and trim the extra off of the front side. You will never pay $60 for a cutting strip again.
Interesting, willing to give it a try! Can you link to the banner tape you use for this?

Thanks!