• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

cutting strip replacement

Jackpine

I recently replaced my original cutting strip on my CE3000. I have a Graphtec part on hand but when I removed the one from the cutter it came off with no adhesive. I took it to my work table and trimmed the worn part with a steel ruler and a exacto knife. Applied banner tape and reinstalled it. I flipped it end to end with the machine edge to the front. Works like new.

phototec

I recently replaced my original cutting strip on my CE3000. I have a Graphtec part on hand but when I removed the one from the cutter it came off with no adhesive. I took it to my work table and trimmed the worn part with a steel ruler and a exacto knife. Applied banner tape and reinstalled it. I flipped it end to end with the machine edge to the front. Works like new.

Jackpine -

What is the reason for cutting off the worn part if you turned it end for end, wouldn't tuning it give you a fresh new edged?

:help

Jackpine

It was ragged with fiber on the edge when I took it off. It looks neater with two clean edges.
Jackpine -

What is the reason for cutting off the worn part if you turned it end for end, wouldn't tuning it give you a fresh new edged?

phototec

It was ragged with fiber on the edge when I took it off. It looks neater with two clean edges.

What's funny is, I checked out my cutting strip on the 3000 (different from the 7000), anyway, there is a scar line on both the front and back edge, I wonder if I did what you did (turned the strip around), a long time ago and I just don't remember doing it before?

The 3000 only cuts along the front edge, right?

How much did you cut off?

Jackpine

The CE3000 only cuts on the front side of the cutting strip. I cut off just pass the wear mark ( indented and worn) maybe 1/4 of the width.The back edge has a factory edge so I just rotated it and used banner tape. It took 10 minutes to do the entire process. I left the old adhesive since it was smooth.
What's funny is, I checked out my cutting strip on the 3000 (different from the 7000), anyway, there is a scar line on both the front and back edge, I wonder if I did what you did (turned the strip around), a long time ago and I just don't remember doing it before?

The 3000 only cuts along the front edge, right?

How much did you cut off?

Last edited: