• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cutting Strip SG2-300

swarnes

Hi I was looking to purchase some cutting strips as I do contour cutting on the SG2-300 the strip can quickly get damaged.

Is this material possible

Ebay Cutting Strip

Or is there an alternative please than paying £10 a strip?

damonCA21

Make sure you order the correct size ! A lot of the chinese sellers advertise strips for various machines, but they aren't correct. Also the cheap ones don't have the adhesive on the back

swarnes

Make sure you order the correct size ! A lot of the chinese sellers advertise strips for various machines, but they aren't correct. Also the cheap ones don't have the adhesive on the back
Thanks for the reply, these ones on the ebay link are adhesive backed, so if I order 1mm thick, the correct width and then the length of the current strip?

damonCA21

Thanks for the reply, these ones on the ebay link are adhesive backed, so if I order 1mm thick, the correct width and then the length of the current strip?
That should be fine. Sometimes they sell them on longer lengths so it can be better to get one of those as you can then cut it down and more than one strip from it

swarnes

Than you, I would also like to print on 1200x1200 DPI I set up a custom profile, but the colours are way off, any suggestion how to unlock 1200x1200 dpi on Roland SG2-300 please? :) Didn't want to keep spamming threads.

damonCA21

I'm not sure sorry as I haven't used an SG2 for printing, only done repairs on them. It may be you can't do 1200x1200 with custom profiles and need to set one of the standard ones instead.

Personally with Rolands I never bother using custom profiles, or the vinyl manufacturers ones that often as they don't seem to give much better results. Density Control Only in Versaworks gives me the best results.

Colour matching to your artwork is always a compromise though. It's one of those things you learn where you find out how a certain blue shade in the artwork will look on the vinyl, and then adjust accordingly.