• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cutting templates on Graphtec 7000

EarthSigns

I am trying to cut templates out of plotter paper. Can I cut paper all the way through on this machine without a backer? No luck yet.:omg2:

rdm01

Not going to happen. You need the backer to give the media strength. Could you just make a vinyl template?

TresL

Put a pen and draw on the paper, then cut out by hand.
or maybe try the pounce option if you have it.

The CraftRoboPro is a CE5000 that can do this.
I think it has a carrier for the paper????

Ponto

I don't know about paper but the plotter has the ability to "kiss cut" on vinyl and this sounds like what you have described.... I have not attempted it but read about this feature on the Graphted website. Hope this helps...

JP

Jackpine

I have cut stencils from 4-5 ml PVC from Hobby Lobby for airbrushing. I put application tape on the back and have a setting to cut the material without cutting the mask on the back. I then rub a small amount of charcoal to see the stencil cut. Make sure you "tab" areas you don't want to lose. I remove the mask by wetting it and letting the adhesive dissolve.