• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cutting the holographic vinyl

dennis jonon

Is anyone else having inconsistent problems having there cutter find the registration marks on the holographic material?

I’m using the Graphtec flatbed, and my cuts, if it actually reads them to its bed ability, doesn’t cut the stickers on the outline, it’s slightly off.

Any tricks tips or hints I can try?
Thanks!

jharler

Try placing a small piece of matte laminate over the registration marks. That seems to improve my FC9000's ability to recognize the registration marks and bar code.

BigNate

I just save a few of the registration marks from white sticker media (the type is not critical...) you can then use the registration marks as stickers to cover the holographic film, applying new marks at the same time..... care must be taken to ensure the new marks are in the same location as the original marks! (quick-N-dirty but it works!)

bigkahuna_305

On my fc9000 it reads them no problem, but on my other fc8600 I put a piece of transfer masking on the reg mark and draw with a sharpie and it would read and cut it correctly

DonutSlinger

On my fc9000 it reads them no problem, but on my other fc8600 I put a piece of transfer masking on the reg mark and draw with a sharpie and it would read and cut it correctly
What settings is your FC9000 set at? Mark type, size, thickness etc. Could you include the sensor settings and scan mode?