• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cutting Through On an FC8000

Ditchmiester

I found this part of the manual that shows where to place the blade for cutting through the backing paper of the media but when I read the registration marks of my print it is off by about 1/4" and that appears to be the difference of the center of the tool from the back position to the front position. Is there a way to tell the Graphtec it is in the front position. I'm Printing from Onyx 10.2 and Using Cut Server to send my cut files to the Graphtec.

Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• Graphtec Manual.JPG
    Graphtec Manual.JPG
    50 KB · Views: 85

WI

Now I don't know what havok Onyx might visit on this process (we use Cutting Master) but the instructions for telling the plotter where you've got the blade physically installed into the machine are on page 2-32 of that same manual you posted the picture from.

Ditchmiester

Ah Perfect. I went through that section twice and don't know how I missed that. Now I feel like an idiot. But thank for your help. Much Appreciated.

:U Rock::thankyou:

WI

That manual was obviously a mechanical translation that probably got a hasty once-over from an overworked, pissed-off engineer. Furthermore it wouldn't surprise me even a little if it came to light that they'd used a dartboard to determine how they ordered the chapters/sections/whatever. Graphtec could give Mimaki a run for their money when it comes to cryptic, frustrating, almost useless documentation.

In other words, don't feel bad. ;)

Ditchmiester

So far I haven't had to many Issues with CutServer. I am how ever going to play around with the CutMaster 3 as the interface looks a lot more user friendly to me now.