• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cutting to an old Graphtec from Illustrator

Lindquist

Does anyone have a solution for cutting to a Graphtec plotter from Illustrator? Specifically, an FC4100-100. It's a fairly old model - probably over 15 years old, and that seems to be my biggest problem. We've talked about replacing the plotter, but it still works perfectly for everything we do.

I currently cut to the plotter using an old version of Flexi - at least 10 years old. It's the only thing we use Flexi for; I'm wanting to upgrade the computers, but I'm gonna have to keep that one old machine around just to operate the plotter until I find a new solution.

I would prefer to just use Illustrator, since we use it for everything else, but if there is another stand alone application (that isn't thousands of dollars) that could run it, I'm open to that as well. I'm just having a hard time finding software that supports the old Graphtec model. Any suggestions?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I just checked and the illustrator plug-in for Graphtec does not support the FC-4100 series. You could install Flexi on your new computer and it should work. Here is a link the drivers as you may need the 64bit one for the new computer.

QuickSilver2605

Have you tried using cutting master from graphtec? I just looked and it is not available for that specific model, but it is for the FC4200. Might try that and see if it works.

I would try cutting master. I know that the driver might not be available but I would still try with different drivers similar to your machine. I run a FC6000-160 off of a FC4200 driver.