• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cutting with Corel/Ai

Jgentry

Hi guys

I know this has been asked and I've been searching and reading but I can't find a direct answer to my question.

I am looking to cut with Corel or Ai CS5. Let's focus on Corel for now. I have winplot with a 54" summa.

This is my first attempt at contour cutting. I have prepared a 54"x9" file which are rows/columns of square stickers that are 1.5"x3" each. There are no gaps between the stickers. I'm hoping to have single cuts between each. I have my guides in Corel set up (1.5"x3") between each row/column. Is there an easy way to put square cut paths at these locations where my guides are? How do I name the path so as to be compatible with winplot?

Thanks much!

Travis Stanley

Use the snap to guideline command.(View Window). Then use the rectangle to create the cut for the box. For the single line cuts use the biezier tool to create the single line cuts.

signage

Draw a box around the outside making it a hairline, then setting snaps draw a line using the bezier tool at the 1.5 and 3 inch grid lines setting them also to hairline.

Kottwitz-Graphics

Draw a box around the outside making it a hairline, then setting snaps draw a line using the bezier tool at the 1.5 and 3 inch grid lines setting them also to hairline.

Yep, best way do to accomplish that.

I do that to make weed lines between copy, only because Winplot doesn't have the option.

Jgentry

Thanks guys. From what I understand I have to add those lines to a layer and name the layer something that the cut software understands?

I've got a tech support call into Summa but in the meantime - how does that part of the process work in CorelDraw?

Last edited:

OldPaint

if iam not mistaken SUMMA Will cut DIRECTLY FORM COREL nothing else needed. load suma driver set it up as a PRINTER in corel..........and throw WIN PLOT AWAY.

Travis Stanley

Old Paints Right. After you install the driver for the Summa. You can cut directly from corel using the application launcher. No need for separete layers in corel. It will cut based on colors.