• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CW adjustments in diagnostics

CRD

I wanted to adjust the heads to better quality.
Got them all aligned but when I do the CW adjustments for normal and micro dots it does not change even if I go + or - gapvalue.
The regular test print however is OK.
What do I wrong.
I know it worked the previous time I changed the color head.
The black does not move against the CYM.
Do not mind the other long lines.

Any suggestion?

Paco

Attachments

• IMG_0424.jpg
    IMG_0424.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

CRD

Found the solution for the adjustment but also got a headage afterwards!!!!!!!!!

In Bi directional settings in diagnostics it would not change at all regardless the numbers I put in + or-.
When I by accident went through the menu to unit directional adjustment it suddenly listen to the input I gave in.
So while adjusting Uni Dir Low and Uni Dir Low MD I had I all working and all aligned.
Then I think I finish off with the start of the print to the edge of the media which should be 5 mm.
While I do this setting which always start with 5.0 mm in the display afterwards a testprint I see the head print on the heater bar for about 10 mm at the right hand side.
So I clean the heater bar and adjust it to an other gap setting now no print at all anymore.
So I adjust again and test print nothing.
Exit diagnostics try normal test print nothing.
Do a clean and perform normal test print but not any drop of ink no black no color.
First thing I did was checking the 2 head fuses on the main board. Both are Ohmic shortage so OK.

Did 2 heads just blow under my fingers while printing on the heater bar?

Any idea what to try more?
No fuses on the head board I can find and searched also for the web of it.
Thanks, Paco

chorca

If you go back into diagnostics, do you get any test prints there? That'd be an indication if the heads were having an issue or something.
As far as the head 'printing' on the heater bar, are you sure that your Flush Point setting isn't just way off? It will dump ink into the spit cup on each pass, and if the calibration for that area is off, it could be dumping onto the heater bar..

CRD

Chorca,

As I described I was busy in diagnostics to enhance the print quality until I reached the CW Bi directional setting until I found it did not listen to the values and came to the uni directional settings which worked nicely.

The adjustment prints went fine and the CYMK blocks nicely aligned in uni direcitional normal and micro dot mode.
So I left Diagnostics (power off/on) and send a test file with CYMK and carbon pic.
I noticed there was no color shift anymore but the machine started to print on the heater bar.

So I cleaned the bar and went into diagnostics again to the uni directional CW setting and changed the standard gap value from 5.0 to 15 mm to see what would happen and if it would go print more to the left away from the right hand side of the spit cup/Flushing box all seen from the front of the machine and printed the adjustment. But no print on all colors.

Tried it again but no print.
Went to normal mode by switch off/on and did machine memory test print.
All are blank.
Did the PC test file and no colors ar all.

If it is another setting I could try I will do but I am out of options with my current knowledge.
When I do the machine cleaning I see ink flow to the waste bottle so it is no inkflow problem at all and cant imagen this just happens from one to another moment without any fading.
This all tested in 3 minutes time!

I did not changed the Flushpoint setting as far as I know as I never reached that point to change the setting only skipped when it was mentioned. 
No need to change it but will check this evening after work what the setting is in diagnostics.

Do not know if the heads can blow by printing on the hot 50 degrees heaterbar without media in between. Do not ask others to try but if you have experience with printing on the heater bar by accident a few times without any problem except for cleaning the heater bar.

Thanks,
Paco

CRD

The problem is I now do not know anymore when I use the standard setting of 5 mm that the machine accept this value as new standard or that this 5 mm is subtracted from the previous setting which is validated when the adjustment print is done.

So this is how it works?
I select CW uni LOW normal or micro dot in diagnostics.
Its gives standard the 5mm setting and I press enter.
Then it shows the gap in 5 digitnumber in a negative value and then I press enter.

As it would not put any drop of ink any more I cant test anymore.

Have no time to test this evening. :-(
If time allows wil try tomorrow some more.
But if someone can test in diagnostic and see what happens (Chorca?) let me know and register please what is happening for the wiki as the manual is as usual with whis clear for dombo's like me ;-)

Paco

CRD

Short Update.
Heads are OK!!!
In a split free second when I cam home I did what Graphics2U said just lowered at one setting the gap setting and voila printing.
have to check tomorrow more no time now but wanted you to know this update.

Paco