Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help Question New Guy Opinion Cyan banding Issue Arizona 550GT / Acuity HS

Discussion in 'Flatbed Printers' started by darrhawk, Aug 13, 2019.

1. darrhawk

darrhawk New Member

Jul 31, 2019
    London
    hi All,

im hoping someone can help or advise.

we have had a couple of engineers out and still have the same issue.

one of the cyan heads has been replaced so we know it isn't that.

i have attached a few images of some 100% cyan tests ive recently ran on the flatbed and the RMO.
    i have also added a few other images of jobs that contain cyan with the same banding issue

Attached Files:

2. iprint

iprint Member

Feb 22, 2012
    Arizona
    We have the same issue. Our tech spent almost 2 days calibrating and we still had banding when they left. A month or so later one of our ink lines ruptured and was replaced and the problem became less noticeable. Our cyan heads are original and I am guessing they are worn/tired and are susceptible to vacuum issues that are causing the banding. This is just my theory though. Quality Smooth is what we print in when cyan is dominant in the image. My bet is that if you change the other cyan head your problem would go away.

3. darrhawk

darrhawk New Member

Jul 31, 2019
    London
    thanks for this.

we recently replaced one cyan head do you suggest the other one needs it too?

trying to avoid this if it isnt needed as its not cheap to replace the head

4. CMYKENGINEERING

CMYKENGINEERING Member

Jul 29, 2015
    Santa Monica
    Could be an ink issue, especially if you have worked to rule out other possibilities. I have seen several cases of banding such as this going away after switching inks.

5. darrhawk

darrhawk New Member

Jul 31, 2019
    London
    we have been using the same ink and haven't changed, so surely this wouldn't just start happening it would happen from the start.

6. thomlov

thomlov New Member

Jun 8, 2012
    Norway
    I've got two 660 XT, they are both like this. It's normal, and can't be fixed - according to Oce/Canon.
    I've had tech's for days trying to adjust everything, but it doesn't improve sadly. My old 480xt without staggered heads wasn't like this.

7. darrhawk

darrhawk New Member

Jul 31, 2019
    London

hi, Ive spoken to my director. who has advised me we have always use OEM inks and it happens with every sack of ink.

8. darrhawk

darrhawk New Member

Jul 31, 2019
    London
    our issue has only started to happen within the last 6-8 months