• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cyan/Black is streaking on Roland XC-540

ATrevino

I'm printing a banner on our Roland XC-540 and the Cyan and Black letters are streaking. I have attached pictures. The streaks are not crazy extreme but enough to bother me. I've done multiple cleanings and wiped the encoder strip to no avail. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 20150527_155259.jpg
    20150527_155259.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 184
  • 20150527_155321.jpg
    20150527_155321.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 204

ATrevino

I'll take that advice on the static and do some research thanks for the link. It seems to only happen on the banner material, I printed on some Orajet vinyl and everything looks good. I'm not sure about the humidity, I honestly didn't know about needing to know about humidity levels. I've been on the printer for around 2 years and am still learning as I go.

Chad

Static

If the head is in the high position lower it and that will usually remove the extra spray ( long enough to get the job done). You could also have a thread from the banner hanging from one of the heads causing it to deflect. You may also want to pull the chrome panel above the heads (4 screws) and there is a ground wire that grounds the media arm to the body. Mine was broken right off on one end.

guitarguy69

All solid advise above, I have dealt with each problem listed. One time I just couldn't remedy the culprit until a tech buddy helped out. Parked the head to the opposite side of the machine so we could inspect it. No fibers or anything? He said, wait 5 minutes and come back, sure as you know what there was a few droplets of black showing up. It then turned into a big drop and the head was replaced accordingly. Sure hope it's one of the aforementioned problems.

Good luck,
Brian