• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cyan Blobs and contamination...

KeithMan

We have a 6 month old S40600 that has been lightly used as large format is a market we are expanding into. Sometimes we don't run the machine for a week or two. So far we are on our third set of ink cartridges to give you an idea of the usage.

I noticed this morning that when I ran a head test there was cyan in the yellow pattern. Two cleanings solved this, but I am also occasionally getting drops of cyan on sheets. Any suggestions on what might be causing this? Capping station problem?

Lindsey

Not A New Member
Where are the drops landing? All over? In the middle? Out on the left & right edges of the media?

Sometimes, a little piece of fuzz, hair, dog fur, whatever, gets on the print head and dangles...the ink streams down it and plops onto the media. The drops often get flung off out at the edges, as the print head changes direction.

KeithMan

They tend to be mostly in the center portion and are about the size of a BB and there are sporadic. I am going to try and clean everything. We have a company cat, so there is always the possibility of fur having gotten in something.