• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cyan drop out

bovegas

I am having problem with my VJ-1617H. Cyan drops out after printing couple 4x8 sheets. I have to do litlle charge and than is fine for next couple sheets. I was looking at service manual and cyan has lines from 2 cartridges going into the different dampers. Its not going into 1 damper both chanels. One damper is shared with Cyan and Magenta and the other one is shared with Cyan and Black. So I am assuming its not problem with damper since Black and Magenta both channels are perfect. I have looked at cyan lines and they dont have air bubles inside. Any idea what else could be a problem?

Last edited:

unmateria

Cartdridge rubber seals, tubes, orings reused in the dampers, bad dampers (aliexpress), or the rubber under the printhead captop

unmateria

A little... When nothing is printed, tubes still have all its ink and dampers look depressed? Then its the rubber inside the printhead (not easy to find a replace). If ink is lost on the tubes, can be a lot of things. If u usually insert and take out the same cartdridges, try with other cartdridges. Look for the dampers o rings first and the dampers. Are original ones or aliexpress/diggiprint ones? In those, the rubber seals are usually very bad