Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help Cyan dropped out - SP-540V

Discussion in 'Roland' started by Goatshaver, Dec 28, 2019.

1. Goatshaver

Goatshaver Member

Dec 5, 2018
    Maine
    So yesterday everything was printing fine and has been for quite a while but I came in and did a test print like I do every day when I startup the machine, except the cyan was pretty much non-existent. I did a cleaning and it got a little better but it's still not coming out out it.

Haven't had to deal with this yet. My ink levels are fine, could it be damper or pump?

Just looking at the dampers. It looks as if the cyan has no ink in it. I'm just not sure if this would be just damper replacement or captops...or both? IMG_20191228_101640.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 28, 2019
    Tags:
  2. E Coloney

E Coloney Member

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    Replace the cap top with a QUALITY (ie expensive) unit. A little extra expense is not worth the aggravation and down time. Also change the springs if you haven't done so in some time.

Edit: if the cap top is leaking, ink won't be drawn into the damper as well. And this is how cap tops fail: work one day and not the next.

3. Goatshaver

Goatshaver Member

Dec 5, 2018
    Maine
    Thank you. That's what I was hoping it would be I just need to buy one. Thought I had an extra set but don't. I also wonder I noticed that the problem side the cap is like .5mm lower than the mag/yellow side. Could this be the springs?

Would there be a concern for head dry-up with it like this?

Last edited: Dec 29, 2019
  4. Goatshaver

Goatshaver Member

Dec 5, 2018
    Maine
    I was able to get it running again. I got a syringe and pulled some ink from the hose coming from the captop, did a test print, had a little black mixed in a then it cleaned up after I printed a block of cyan.

New caps are on their way and will be replaced this weekend.

5. greysquirrel

greysquirrel Member

Aug 13, 2015
    West Berlin, NJ
    start with a cap...order a syringe as well...good to have on hand

• Like Like x 1