• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Cyan dropped out - SP-540V

Goatshaver

So yesterday everything was printing fine and has been for quite a while but I came in and did a test print like I do every day when I startup the machine, except the cyan was pretty much non-existent. I did a cleaning and it got a little better but it's still not coming out out it.

Haven't had to deal with this yet. My ink levels are fine, could it be damper or pump?

Just looking at the dampers. It looks as if the cyan has no ink in it. I'm just not sure if this would be just damper replacement or captops...or both?
IMG_20191228_101640.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20191228_101645.jpg
    IMG_20191228_101645.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 124
Last edited:

E Coloney

Replace the cap top with a QUALITY (ie expensive) unit. A little extra expense is not worth the aggravation and down time. Also change the springs if you haven't done so in some time.

Edit: if the cap top is leaking, ink won't be drawn into the damper as well. And this is how cap tops fail: work one day and not the next.

Goatshaver

Replace the cap top with a QUALITY (ie expensive) unit. A little extra expense is not worth the aggravation and down time. Also change the springs if you haven't done so in some time.

Edit: if the cap top is leaking, ink won't be drawn into the damper as well. And this is how cap tops fail: work one day and not the next.

Thank you. That's what I was hoping it would be I just need to buy one. Thought I had an extra set but don't. I also wonder I noticed that the problem side the cap is like .5mm lower than the mag/yellow side. Could this be the springs?

Would there be a concern for head dry-up with it like this?

Last edited:

Goatshaver

I was able to get it running again. I got a syringe and pulled some ink from the hose coming from the captop, did a test print, had a little black mixed in a then it cleaned up after I printed a block of cyan.

New caps are on their way and will be replaced this weekend.