• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cyan head dropping ink

Ahmed Samy Nagada

Suddenly the Cyan printhead in my Design jet 9000 had large gaps of white area in the test print, I run 3 strong cleaning cycles, it started printing properly then it started to drop ink on the media.
Same ink, same media settings, wipers and capping station are both clean and working properly, print head is perfectly clean, no dust or dirt on the printing surface.

Any idea what is happening?

Quix

Once ago I over-soaked the wiping station sponge, and after performing head cleanings, I got drops of ink in the media. I believe all that solvent in the sponge got in the heads by the wipers. This drops were not of any specific color (maybe a mixture of many)
Other time I replaced dampers and left an air leak in the tubing just before the printhead. I also got ink-drops on media (I think because of gravity and lack of vacuum), and after a short while the color faded, until I performed cleaning again.
I hope this helps.

Ahmed Samy Nagada

I finally found out the cause of the problem, it's a tiny crack on the cyan ink tube. (check attached picture)
81c3ca135792368