• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cyan issue with my HP FB500

javagod

Manager
Hi all:

I'm having an issue with cyan. When I print at normal speed I'm getting over spray on Cyan, you really see it showing up in black text. I don't think it is the ink as I have tried a couple of boxes. On the other hand it sure seems like ink. Here's the interesting part, when I slow it down using the fine text feature it prints fine.

My test patterns and my prime bar look decent

Thanks

Dan

Turnergraphics

Post a picture of your cyan prime bar. Even one or two bad jets can mess you up. What's your head height setting? You want that to be as low as possible. It's under "printing". Run automatic calibrations for bidi and head to head. Try it again after all this

Vortex37

Laminator Whisperer
Can you map out the bad jets? We had both cyan heads go down a little while back probably because of bad ink but HP made it hard to prove… anyway if you have too many bad jets and need a new head good luck. Montroy still has a few techs that work on them if you end up needing service.

javagod

Manager
Where is the Run automatic calibrations for bidi and head to head? Was at .095 height, moved to .080. My pervious operator like to keep it high.

ikarasu

Cyan was the ink that misted
Hi all:

I'm having an issue with cyan. When I print at normal speed I'm getting over spray on Cyan, you really see it showing up in black text. I don't think it is the ink as I have tried a couple of boxes. On the other hand it sure seems like ink. Here's the interesting part, when I slow it down using the fine text feature it prints fine.

My test patterns and my prime bar look decent

Thanks

Dan
Have you emptied the lines between switching inks? I don't know how much it holds, but when we had a bad ink issue we had to purge the lines and refill them.

I can't remember exactly where it is, I think we followed the directions for removing the head, and once it was at the removing part we just re filled the ink lines.
Sorry I am in black where the two inks we always had issues with bad ink.

Vortex37

Laminator Whisperer
Cyan was the ink that misted

Have you emptied the lines between switching inks? I don't know how much it holds, but when we had a bad ink issue we had to purge the lines and refill them.

I can't remember exactly where it is, I think we followed the directions for removing the head, and once it was at the removing part we just re filled the ink lines.
Sorry I am in black where the two inks we always had issues with bad ink.
It’s in the ink menu under Maintenance. It’s an automated procedure where it empties the heads, the only thing you have to do is drain the waste ink before & after. I was told to do an empty & fill cycle three times after a bad batch of ink and that seemed to get it all out of the lines. I did have to manually replace the internal air filters once and I was bluer than a smurf when I was done!

ikarasu

It’s in the ink menu under Maintenance. It’s an automated procedure where it empties the heads, the only thing you have to do is drain the waste ink before & after. I was told to do an empty & fill cycle three times after a bad batch of ink and that seemed to get it all out of the lines. I did have to manually replace the internal air filters once and I was bluer than a smurf when I was done!
Sounds right! We got rid of our fb 3 years ago, so it's been awhile.

There was a year where bad ink was really prelevant - we ended up withike 10 free boxes from hp. Wed use up half the ink and then the issue came back.... get a new free box, same thing. Finally we got tired of it and switched to nazdar ink, and we went through 5 boxes without ever seeing the issue again.. aftermarket ink was way better for us than OEM, which was surprising.

Vortex37

Laminator Whisperer
Sounds right! We got rid of our fb 3 years ago, so it's been awhile.

There was a year where bad ink was really prelevant - we ended up withike 10 free boxes from hp. Wed use up half the ink and then the issue came back.... get a new free box, same thing. Finally we got tired of it and switched to nazdar ink, and we went through 5 boxes without ever seeing the issue again.. aftermarket ink was way better for us than OEM, which was surprising.
We never went to aftermarket ink, but we still have that machine so it’s good to know it worked for you. We had so many bad boxes of ink it was ridiculous, and it went on for I think a little over a year. So when the cyan heads started going bad at first I thought it was more bad ink. That was around this time last year when we had our annual flood of work for the local university whose main color is… navy blue of course! You can imagine how much fun that was ha ha

javagod

Manager
We are in the market for a new flatbed, same issues. If I were keeping it I would switch to third party ink also. Another month or two so I'm keeping this old horse going

Vortex37

Laminator Whisperer
Yeah they’re old and hard to get service for. We’re stubborn so we are probably going to keep it until it dies catastrophically!