• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cyan Issue

BAD NOVA

I have a mutoh 1204 all my other colors are good, cyan starts out good then like slows down putting out ink,
Real light like transparent not sure where to start looking for advice.
Thanks Brian

Attachments

• IMG_0193.jpg
    IMG_0193.jpg
    775.6 KB · Views: 233

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Start with changing the dampers. Dampers keep ink flowing to the head and when they fail they do exactly what you describe.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Normally you want to change all of the dampers at least every 2 years. Most manufacturers recommend every year. If yours have never been changed I would change them all. It's not hard to change them but the 1204 is one of the harder machine s to get to them. The little cover that covers the dampers is hard to get off. Most people actually leave it off once they are done. Most dealers will sell you dampers and there are a lot of online places. My site is Solventinkjet.com.

BAD NOVA

Once you change them is there a process to get it flowing? is this a messy thing wear gloves?
I have already purchased them on your site.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The tech manual tells you to empty the machine of ink before changing the dampers but that is a big waste of ink. Instead I do the whole procedure with the ink still in the machine. The ink lines for each color are connected with a y connector so when you take the first one off it drips slightly but when you take the second one off it will drop a fair amount of ink. If you just take 1 off at a time and put the new one on before moving to the next one, that should cut down on ink leakage. Have a good wad of paper towel ready because ink will still drip and you don't want it to get everywhere. Wear gloves because the ink is bad for you. Once you get all of the dampers in, you can just run a couple strong cleanings and it should fill right up. Sometimes the ink will recede back to the cartridges if you take too long changing the damper and it will require more than a couple strong cleanings. You can also run an ink charge cycle but that will waste a good amount of ink.

BAD NOVA

The tech manual tells you to empty the machine of ink before changing the dampers but that is a big waste of ink. Instead I do the whole procedure with the ink still in the machine. The ink lines for each color are connected with a y connector so when you take the first one off it drips slightly but when you take the second one off it will drop a fair amount of ink. If you just take 1 off at a time and put the new one on before moving to the next one, that should cut down on ink leakage. Have a good wad of paper towel ready because ink will still drip and you don't want it to get everywhere. Wear gloves because the ink is bad for you. Once you get all of the dampers in, you can just run a couple strong cleanings and it should fill right up. Sometimes the ink will recede back to the cartridges if you take too long changing the damper and it will require more than a couple strong cleanings. You can also run an ink charge cycle but that will waste a good amount of ink.
How do I do ink charge?

papabud

Lone Wolf
i have a 1204 also.
anytime i put my hands in the machine i wear gloves.
the dampers are not extremely difficult to change.
make sure you dont wiggle them to much. you dont wanna break or crack the manifold they slip into.
you can use a syringe to draw ink into them if your ink drops back to far also.
ink charge is done through your machine menu.
i dont remember the exact location. so you might have to look around in the menu a little.
also there is an oring on each one. make sure you use a new oring also.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
ok I draw ink in then it don't want to stay solid in lines

That usually means the dampers is bad or the o-ring between the ink line and damper is not sealing well. Sometimes the o-ring just falls off and you don't see it. Either way, check if the o-ring is still there and replace it if it is damaged.