• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cyan Nozzles not clearing Mimaki

rialine

Hi, I have several blocked nozzles on my cyan test pattern. I recently changed to Zazdar ink, was using Bordaux before, and never had any problems. Machine was serviced today, head and cyan lines flushed and we still cant get those mis firing nozzles clean. The guy is saying I need to replace the head, but all the other colours are fine, perfect. I do a nozzle was every day, and also clean the print head every morning before i do my first test print.
Could this be the Nazdar ink? I dont want to buy a new print head, so expensive, if I can fix this some other way? any advice?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
You could try flushing the cyan channel directly with a syringe and cleaning solution. This method can cause internal damage in certain cases so it is usually my last resort but it is the only way to unclog nozzles sometimes. I would say half the time it works and the other half nothing happens. If you can't flush the nozzles free, you will need a new head to regain full printing quality.

deva2ajay

service tech
firstlt do hard cleaning.then do pump tube cleaning,then do nosile wash for several time.it will be ok

MikePro

printhead replacement should be your last resort. try soaking the head overnight. I'm uncertain how to do it for other models, but for my Jv3, you set a nozzle wash for 99min, and then unplug the machine from the wall. Plug machine back in the next day, run another nozzle wash (for good measure) and then check test print for improvement.

orion2005

I changed inks in my CJV30 and my print head inmediately clogged, I reccomend that you switch the dampers and lines of other color, for example put the magenta line and damper in the cyan position of the printhead and test if now it print all the lines but in magenta instead of cyan and if in the place of the magenta is printing in cyan all the lines, you can flush the print head prior to make the changes, just appply a little solvent to the print head, to do so , remove the damper and connect a suring with a small hose to the printhead and gently push the suringe to flush all the remaining cyan ink in the printhead, then put the magenta damper and line to the place of the cyan and viceversa