• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cyan offset issue on high quality mode and black line too :(

spencer2004

I am having trouble with the print quality of my Mimaki JV3-75SPII.

The most serious problem is that it will print find on the standard quality setting but when I try to print in high quality the print comes out very blurry in places seemingly caused by cyan being offset by a few mm. I have done through all the head adjustments so I am unsure why it is doing this. What would cause this problem on high quality only? I'm not 100% sure that I did the adjustments correctly, are the separate adjustments for standard and high quality?

xagza.jpg

The second problem that there is a black line when ever I do a test print but not when I print from a computer. Again what would cause this?

2mh5u0k.jpg

GTSTech_1

Check the connections of the printhead cables at the printhead and the slider board, when checking I would also clean the cable ends with ISO Alcohol. If that doesn't solve the issue with the test/nozzle print, then I would swap the connections of the black head with the magneta head at the slider board to see if that weird/odd signal is coming from the slider board. If you see the pattern go to the magenta color then the slider board is the culprit, if no change then then the head is more than likely bad. A bad slider board might be the root to what's going on when you print in Hi-Qual vs Standard, but it sure looks like an alignment issue.

Just my .02

GTSTech_1