• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cyan Overspray on Falcon II Outdoor

Dsmantledyou

Just purchased this machine from a shop who said that they've always had cyan overspray issues. They replaced heads, inks, and ran all uni and bi-directional settings to remedy the issue, but it never went away.

I've been searching all over for threads on overspray. I've already cleaned the encoder strip, changed the spit pad, performed cleanings, eliminated static, humidity levels are fine, and nozzle checks look good. I thought I'd post a bit more detail on what's going on.

The overspray only occurs when the color being printed contains a mix between cyan and another color. But when I print a box of 100% cyan, I get no overspray at all. Overspray is around an Inch or so. It occurs on both sides of the image when printing bi-directional, and only one side when printing uni-directional. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

randya

If it were just a single color, I would say head.

But only with multi colors....probably motherboard, head board, maybe RIP(at the outside)

artbot

how hard it is to data swap that machine to rule out heads and "rule in" the head board/slider board or whatever mutoh calls it.

Dsmantledyou

Have you replaced the ribbon cables that attach to the heads? Had overspray and that did the trick.

Replaced ribbons and dampers today. Seemed to do the trick. Now I'm getting an issue with my bi-directional setting prints not giving me any straight lines at all to choose from. I guess that's whole other topic post

Dsmantledyou

how hard it is to data swap that machine to rule out heads and "rule in" the head board/slider board or whatever mutoh calls it.

I did notice that the board that the ribbons connect to (the one that moves along the rail) was pretty filthy. That could have contributed to the issue as well. I ended up cleaning it with alcohol.