• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Cyan Print head dampner not refilling

Signturesigns

ok so I just replaced my cyan printhead 2 months ago and all has been great until now each cleaning I do causes me to get less and less nozzles to fire. To the point now i am getting 1 column of NO cyan ink coming down. Can someone explain the purpose of a dampner and what would cause it to no longer fill up?
Anyone know where I can buy them?

I have a Roland Soljet XC-540

GTSTech_1

The purpose of the dampers is to act as a ink reservoir to each channel while printing. As too why they fail.....multiple reasons...The O rings expanding probably is the number 1 reason (when talking about non-OEM), the clear cellophane detaches from the plastic wall/damper is another fail point, again have only ran into this when non OEM parts were used.

Just my .02

Signturesigns

The purpose of the dampers is to act as a ink reservoir to each channel while printing. As too why they fail.....multiple reasons...The O rings expanding probably is the number 1 reason (when talking about non-OEM), the clear cellophane detaches from the plastic wall/damper is another fail point, again have only ran into this when non OEM parts were used.

Just my .02
ok thank you so much! I just purchased new ones and hopefully when we install this will clear my nozzle test print issue!

ProPDF

ok thank you so much! I just purchased new ones and hopefully when we install this will clear my nozzle test print issue!

Before replacing anything did you try recharging the current damper with ink? Also you should check the print head manifold for cracks as even the slightest of touch or pressure on the top of a damper can cause a hairline fracture in the plastic manifold nipple resulting in an air leak. You have to be extremely careful with dampers and always install them with a wet o-ring. If you just try pushing a dry damper down on the head it can break the nipple. If the manifold is cracked. Call you local Roland dealer and ask them for a old one from a bad head. Don't buy the cheap aftermarket manifolds they will destroy the DX4 head.

Signturesigns

Just my .02
Thank you I just ordered!
Before replacing anything did you try recharging the current damper with ink? Also you should check the print head manifold for cracks as even the slightest of touch or pressure on the top of a damper can cause a hairline fracture in the plastic manifold nipple resulting in an air leak. You have to be extremely careful with dampers and always install them with a wet o-ring. If you just try pushing a dry damper down on the head it can break the nipple. If the manifold is cracked. Call you local Roland dealer and ask them for a old one from a bad head. Don't buy the cheap aftermarket manifolds they will destroy the DX4 head.
hey thanks, when you say try "recharging the current damper with ink" how exactly is one to go about doing so? You mean taking a syring and pumping ink into it? Any videos demonstrating or maybe you can explain how to do it. Also when you say wet o ring do you recommend us applying something to wet the o ring before applying it? I checked the printhead manifold and looks to be in good shape.. but Im thinking Im going to take you up on your recommednation to call a dealer to help reinstall the new dampner or refill it

Signturesigns

hey buddie, do you mind sharing how to recharge dampers?