• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cyan printing in Magenta spot...heeelp!

xiomy

Hi guys,
I have a Roland sc545ex, this morning when I did a print test I notice that on the columm A, are (Cyan and Cyan) colors instead of (Cyan and Magenta).... can someone please give me an advise :help.
To give you guys more details, I sent out my headboard for repair, because the fuse #4 blew out many times, I received the board yesterday, we installed it, and this morning happend to me what I explained above... do you think the problem is relative to the repair?

Thanks!!!!

sfr table hockey

There is a good chance that the magenta head just sucked up some cyan into it and will clear out after either a couple cleaning cycles or print a fill test print where it prints am inch strip of each color.

sfr table hockey

thanks!!!!...how should I print a fill test print?

In the older Rolands it's in the service menu under test prints, but you need the key sequence to enter service mode.

The other way you can do it, depending on your rip, is to make a file with a solid fill of 100% magenta and print it. If you can edit that file in your rip there may be an area that you can replace the color in a file by clicking onto that color and then setting it as CMYK 100% magneta. Flexi has that option. The reson for this is sometimes it makes that color by using other color so it's not just using the magenta head and thus may take a little longer to clear the head of contaminated ink. If you can do it this way you just make that one file and save it as a solid test print and then just change it to the color you want to test or clear up.

Gabriel

Powerful cleaning :)! If this won't work, check the cap-top lines from group A, also the pump lines, and see if the pump is working as it should.
Also you can try to pull some ink through the Magenta cap-top tube using a syringe, then perform medium cleaning ---> test print.
Hope that helps!