• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cyan prints where it shouldn't

Our JV3-160s has been very dependable. Today it has me stumped. I am using a Wastach rip, while producing a 59" wide print, on the far side of the ink wells the cyan is printing where it shouldn't. It is not head strikes or file issues. It actually prints random bands but only on the far side. Any ideas?

thewood

I would check the cables going into the heads and make sure they are clean and seated properly. I've seen a faulty cable cause this. This can also be caused by a bad chip on the head or a bad head.

Also, check the head for debris such as fiber from scrim banner, etc.

And :Welcome: to :signs101:

I unconected the cables on the cyan head leading and blew them out. Does the encoder strip run the lenght of the print rail behind the heads?

On the following print after removing the cyan head cable and blowing out the plug there was only one 1/4"x1" cyan strip running on the X axis in the same general area. I think it must have something to do with that cable or connection. Thanks

particleman

I unconected the cables on the cyan head leading and blew them out. Does the encoder strip run the lenght of the print rail behind the heads?

yes, if it has ink spots on it this will cause random issues similar to what you are having, look on it in the general area you are having problems. It doesn't take much ink to cause an issue.