• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cyrious - Online Design & Ordering

CanuckSigns

My Clients wouldn't use this. They don't have the time to sit there and use a cumbersome browser based design platform to design their signs, they are quite happy to let me choose the best product for their needs and to work with me on a design.

OADesign

Many companies are jumping on the bandwagon with these type of tools (service providers that is). And it just seems to me like another pricey wedge being shoved between us and the customer. I know many on the franchise side that have not even come close to breaking even with the cost their online design/shop online tools since its inception.

I wonder where these companies are getting their data from that show that this type of technology is needed. Is there some subset of the sign buying community that is asking for this technology? Or is this one of those "They are doing over at X company, it must be good. So we have to do it too..."

particleman

Design online is big business. I've developed a lot of tools like this one and have been involved in online design for many years now. However, pitching online sign design tools to local shops I do find a bit curious though. One of the few advantages I see to this is that your customers can pick up locally. If you can pitch to your local audience that aspect then maybe you'll be successful.

Beyond that, search engine savvy customers will likely be able to find much cheaper prices (including shipping) than your local prices. If they are already willing to design online, you might not get the sale anyway. Vista print is in the online sign and banner business now and it is difficult to compete against the big players online.

jhawkes

we may look into this as I am finding many customers come in with web pages printed from these sites such as Staples, Vista, etc to order. I'm referring to simple sign needs - coro, etc. These systems work best for high volume shops obviously. I feel the market is going toward a 24/7 marketplace. if they can design / order / pay with CC online, then thats another income stream. This works best for existing / local clients. Ideally, the whole workflow would be automated, so its a big commitment. also, as was stated, you get an online price for $2.98 for corex signs and its hard to sell them for your normal price - of course, other businesses have learned to deal with this for several years now - we have a printing dept that has lost tons to the web. the sign biz may be next.