Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cyrious Software

Discussion in 'General Software' started by RJ California, Mar 18, 2006.

1. RJ California

RJ California Active Member

Jul 19, 2005
    California
    I am considering Cyrious Software as my sign estimating/invoicing software. I currently use Estimate, which has some good features, but because of some issues I am looking at other options.
    I am wondering if anyone here uses Cyrious (or a different program) and what they think abou it.

Tags:
  2. wildside

wildside Very Active Member

Aug 28, 2005
    Kansas
    Cyrious is an excellent program, used it for several years while working for different sign shops. I started my own shop about 6 months ago and am using a program called GraphixCalc, it is a stand alone application that a fellow sign maker wrote the software, works pretty good also.

it is a temporary fix, until can justify purchasing the $1900 for cyrious, but that only gets 100 invoices a month on the license, up to i think $4000 for unlimited invoices a month

but to answer your question Cyrious is an excellent program in my eyes, i tried Estimate, and returned it 2 days later.

3. ScottyDoo

ScottyDoo Member

Jan 2, 2006
    We've been using Cyrious for years...has it's up and downs, but overall we've been very happy with it.

4. OldPaint

OldPaint Major Contributor

5. keptquiet

keptquiet Member

Feb 5, 2004
    i am using Cyrious SMS v8.5. its EXTREMELY detailed in its pricing, lets you use line item minimums, setup fees, tons of upcharges or "modifiers", etc, discounts on qty, etc. i have used estimate before it, and theres no real comparison in the two. It also has some marketing features and schedules follow ups for estimates, jobs, AR's etc. I would recommed it.

i have been looking at thier Control V3.0. Its more than the SMS, i think its somewhere around $7500, but it seems to have even more funtionality, but i havent seen much on it. i know they are having some type of user group at the orlando show.

6. werkshop

werkshop New Member

Jul 18, 2006
    So is Esitmate software the worst one? Id like to know because I do screen printing also as well as vinyl. Which one is best for both?

7. ChiknNutz

ChiknNutz Major Contributor

Apr 18, 2003
    Although I don't claim to have all the functionality of Cyrious, please take a look at GraphixCALC Pro to see if it would work for you at: www.graphixcalc.com

Thanks for looking!

8. gnemmas

gnemmas Active Member

Nov 7, 2006
    CA
    We are using 4 stations of Cyrious software networked together with Window XP, 2 on the counter, 1 in my office, 1 in design room.

Still have 2 extra dongles, will let go for $850 each, PM me if interested.

9. cartoad

cartoad Active Member

Apr 11, 2006
    You may also want to look at Casper, as another alternative. We use Activity as well as Estimate for some functions. Activity as a POS and estimating program has some very good features, but I would not recommend anyone to purchase it at this time due to their complete lack of customer service and support.
    Hal

10. The Big Squeegee

The Big Squeegee Major Contributor

Thats what I thought too.:Big Laugh
    Been running their Thumbs Plus 7 software for 2 years. Great software for finding and editing Raster files and photos.

11. Checkers

Checkers Very Active Member

Jul 24, 2003
    Hey Rod,
    Just out of curiosity, what kinds of problems are you having with EstiMate?

Checkers