Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cyrious WRAPS!

Discussion in 'General Software' started by cyrious, Feb 28, 2008.

1. cyrious

cyrious Member

Jan 4, 2007
    If you've been doing wraps for any length of time, then you may know about Sergio Desoto, one of the pioneers of vehicle wrapping. He has written a great article about his experience getting started and gives great pointers on how to get the most out of your Wraps. A Link to the article is below.

http://www.nbm.com/digital/edition/wr/08/01/MR/WRJan014

To find out more about the estimating and tracking system he's used click:

www.cyrious.com/solutions

Tags:
  2. Former member

Former member Member

Mar 24, 2006
    I was checking this out the other night online.... Is there a Mac version?

3. Joe Diaz

Joe Diaz Very Active Member

Yeah, we got that issue in the mail... I like the Arizona Color Tank/Scion wrap on page 19 too. Very cool!

4. cyrious

cyrious Member

Jan 4, 2007
    Mac Version?

Blade,

There is not a Mac version of our system but there is a "work around" if you will. We have a number of all or mostly Mac shops who are able to use our system by having 1 Windows box stashed in a closet somewhere and then using an application like Terminal Service to remote to it. Works just fine. There is only one other option I am aware of and that is the use of the program "File Maker" where you then have to create your own system.

5. graphixtogo

graphixtogo Member

Aug 6, 2007
    Kevil, KY
    another work-around is to use Parallels or Fusion to run Windows inside the Mac operating systems. Then you can install and run the software from the Windows side and still keep the Mac system up and running.:Coffee:

6. cyrious

cyrious Member

Jan 4, 2007
    Thanks for the tip! I'll have our guys check it out. Also get the JP reference. Great song!

7. cyrious

cyrious Member

Jan 4, 2007
    Or Golden Earring, I forget

8. graphixtogo

graphixtogo Member

Aug 6, 2007
    Kevil, KY

:U Rock:

Good catch, cyrious! Golden Earring - Twilight Zone. Durn good song!! :thumb:

9. speedmedia

speedmedia Very Active Member

Aug 8, 2007

Me to that thing is way cool. Not sure if they entered the 3M Mustang giveaway contest but if they did and they lost to what they did the judges need some work.

Article in the wraps mag is pretty interesting. It give a little insight to Sergio which shows he knows "Wraps" quite well. Refreshing to see that other than him in the cheesy Fellers ads and posters.

Thanks,
    Kurt Dietrich
    Speed Media

10. activitydude

activitydude Member

Jan 8, 2008
    It does work. We purchased an Intel Mac last year, put Paralles on it and load our progam. It seems to handle legacy programs fine.