• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

D-Link Wireless Connected for one month now it wont work.

We have a computer at the front of the store that has been able to connect for about a month now. We have our black and white printer up there as well as accounting. Its been a low - very low connection but enough to print and access the odd file. Its less than 50ft away from the router. Today I went out and got a directional wirelss antennae for the front computer and raised the router to the ceiling and a straight line of sight from the front computer to the router....STILL WONT WORK! Help. My local tech guy doesn't seem to know what to do other than wire it, but it would be a big big pain to do so.

Thanks for any advice in advance.

Cheers,
T

ChiknNutz

I had a DLink DI-624 router that had plagued us with constant and frequent disconnects...this seems to be a widespread issue with this model. I've had it for several years and it seemed to work okay for the most part, but guess it just decided to flake out here recently. Anyway, I just replaced it with a Linksys WRT54GL and it's been golden for several weeks now (which has one of the best track records of any current router). It's not a super-fast one, still just the 'G' mode, but it's been perfect for us.

Samm

Is the antennae and the base communicating at all, can you see the base in your list of connections?