• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

D120 not finishing cuts

sspvinyl

Anyone else having this issue where their plotter is not finishing cutting a whole letter?
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• 20140624_182253.jpg
    20140624_182253.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 531
  • 20140624_182327.jpg
    20140624_182327.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 443
  • 20140624_184035.jpg
    20140624_184035.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 414

PHILJOHNSON

Sales Manager
HelloSSPvinyl,

From the looks of the photos it appears that the culprit is the blade holder. It is likely not seated properly. I would suggest loosening the set screw on the bracket that holds the blade holder in place and make sure the blade holder is seated all the way down in the bracket.

Once the blade holder is properly seated in the bracket on the cutting head I would run a knife offset test to see if you get improved results. You can perform the knife offset test by simply clicking “menu”, then scroll down until you see the knife offset value(which should be set at 0.45mm if you’re using a 36 degree blade)and then press the “test” button when you have selected knife offset. The knife offset test will cut several squares and the corners of the squares should matchup exactly if the blade holder is properly seated and the correct knife offset value has been selected.

Hopefully that process will fix the cutting issues you are experiencing. If not, I would suggest giving our technical support staff a call at (800)323-9766 for additional troubleshooting.

Bestregards,

Phil Johnson
Summa Inc.

sspvinyl

def not seated incorrectly. Its in there the proper way. It would cut perfectly fine for a few cuts and then it starts having this issue. Once it starts having this issue I have to unplug it and let it sit for a few hours and plug it back in for it to cut the proper way again. After a few cuts I start having this issue again.

If it wasnt seated correctly none of it would cut properly.

PHILJOHNSON

Sales Manager
Hi SSPVinyl,

I have seen the blade holder cause similar missed cuts in the past, hence my guess that it may be the culprit here. I see that you have called and spoken with our tech support folks and that they recommended switching out the blade holder and cleaning the cutting head, so hopefully that fixes the issues you are having.

Please feel free to contact myself or tech support if that doesn’t fix the issue and we can do some additional troubleshooting.

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Summa, Inc.

Split76

Hi SSPVinyl,

I have seen the blade holder cause similar missed cuts in the past, hence my guess that it may be the culprit here. I see that you have called and spoken with our tech support folks and that they recommended switching out the blade holder and cleaning the cutting head, so hopefully that fixes the issues you are having.

Please feel free to contact myself or tech support if that doesn’t fix the issue and we can do some additional troubleshooting.

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Summa, Inc.

+1 for the blade holder. My 120D made similar cuts, the bearing at the blade holder was broken.