• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

D140 doesn't like 24" rolls

peavey123

Hi All,

I've been contour cutting some decals on reflective. 24" Oracal 5600. The cutter will not stay on track at all. I've wasted about 6 ft of the stuff already and don't want to destroy anymore. I've left a message for my tech support people, just thought I'd see if anyone had any tips or suggestions for me?

Cutter: Summa D140
Material: Oracal 5600 24" reflective. w/gloss laminate.

If you are wondering, I am using 3 pinch rollers not just 2. & 54" material cuts perfectly.

Thank you.

eazyED

we have a S160 not sure how alike it is to your D140 but it has 4 pinch rollers but we "have" to use the two outside pinch rollers at the ends of all material we cut or it will skew off .

Letterbox Mike

ditto what eazyED said. Dunno howmany rollers yours has, but you have to use all of them, the two outside ones must be on the edges, they have more pressure than the inside rollers. Also, again, not sure on the exact specs of your plotter, but on our S160D, the outside rollers have adjustable pressure, if you hae that, make sure both rollers are set on the same pressure, if pressure is lighter on one roller than the other, the media will skew.