• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

D140 - Stop Polling end of roll

mameighan

I have a D140
When I take a printed and cut sheet off my latex printer and place it in the cutter it loads the substrate as normal. It always goes right to the back end of the sheet no matter what size the sheet is.. Sometimes if the sheet is not fully straight it will lose an edge and the sheet will skew and often get tangled.

Is there a way to stop the cutter from polling the end of the roll when loading?

I hope you can figure out my ramble.

Thanks

jerry369

Much better to notice that the sheet is not fully straight during loading of the material rather than during cutting.
In any case you can deactivate the autoload option in the plotter to disable vinyl unroll procedure, but it is an operation that Summa never recommends, it can cause tracking problems during cutting.

mameighan

Thanks. The issue is not as much as the vinyl not being put in straight but sometimes the back edge is not a straight cut. So when it feeds all the way to the back edge it sometimes falls off one side and starts chewing the sheet.

If it would feed it to a few inches from the back that would be plenty but always seems to go right to the edge.

It only feeds a little when coming from a roll though so I am not sure what is different unless somehow it detects the tightened of the roll as opposed to the loose sheet.

Minor annoyance but have chewed up some printed vinyl on occasion because of it