• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help D160SE loading..... initialising loop

Me again

D160SE cutter run from Flexi19 Subscription for many years without a problem.

Today the cutter stalled partway through a job and LCD screen show X-Axis Error.
So power down to erase the job and power up.
Insert media, lower pinch bar and cutting head travels left then right.
Then LCD screen blinks "PLEASE WAIT" for a nano second then goes into a loop of:
D160 -- PLEASE WAIT -- LOADING..... -- again and again until I power off.
Have unplugged the power cord and USB cable waiting 10 minutes before powering up again.

I presume it can't then send the media back and forth to measure the length.

Anyone have a solution ? Can I press a button combination to Factory Reset ?
Have sent a Support Request to Summa and awaiting a response. Meanwhile the workload is at a log jam.
Cheers in advance.

FrankW

Looks like a problem with the X-(feed)-motor. You can try to move the drive drum with the grit rollers a little bit by hand to check if there is any mechanical blocking, but in this case, if the motors are working, it should give another x-axis error. Looks like something is wrong with the hardware.

Me again

Thanks Frank, we were able to move the motor/rollers which was jammed or stuck or locked up. We got past the initialising process and were able to continue on cutting the same job from the start again.
Unfortunately the same motor locked up again so at least we have isolated the issue and will replace with a new motor.
Summa Support replied back and advised it would be the motor or the driver on the board. Having had the motor work again (temporarily) would confirm it's not the board.

FrankW

Thank you for the reply. Regularly, the 160cm units are driven with 2 x-motors, only one have a connected encoder. If the motor without the encoder is the problem, you can just unhook the belt and work with one motor only.

Me again

Great info Frank.
For the record it is the motor with encoder which fails.
(Part number 391-114 REVA 24VDC) Made by Hansen Corporation Princeton Indiana USA 47670
Cat item number 116-33224-9 and takes 7cm belts (Part number unknown).

Me again

Just a clarrification - it was the X motor without the encoder that stopped working. As Frank suggested above, we removed the belt which then allowed the cutter to function again until the spare motor/part arrived. Interestingly the motor helps with the speed adjustment. Without the motor the cutter runs at a single speed.
The spare motor arrived with an encoder attached. We removed the encoder before installation - a straight forward procedure. It seems the motor is a suitable replacement for either X axis motors and also for the y axis motor as our y axis motor has the same part number.