• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

D610 pro roller

jiro

Hi have a question on this d610 pro, the two rollers in the back of the machine that hold the media. the one closest to the front, is this supposed to moved by the plotter or just give support? there is a plastic piece on the right end that had a rubber band on it that broke and I wondering how important it is.

Jim Doggett

Fairly important if you're speaking of the plastic bushing on the media supply rollers. Smooth delivery of the media is important to tracking. Slight pulling on one side or the other can "steer the web" so to speak.

jiro

I have attached a photo of the plastic part in question (red arrow) it has a o-ring on it, and a photo of a broken one I found under it, does this go next to the other o-ring on the part and what is its function? Also the bar that this piece is on. Does the plotter move it or does it move on its own? it rolls easily one way but has a little tension the other way.

Attachments

• DSCN1550 summa.jpg
    DSCN1550 summa.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 126
  • DSCN1556.jpg
    DSCN1556.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 145

Jim Doggett

That holds the media flange track in place. It should be a cheap part you can get from Summa (not super critical, but helps). It's easy to install as well. The axels on the rollers are telescopic and come on and off easily. Call Summa sales at 800.527.7778; it shouldn't cost more than a few bucks.

jiro

Jim,
Isn't the media flange holder the piece to to right of the arrow? There is another one on the far right (out of the picture)

Jim Doggett

Hi Jiro,

They're both media flange tracks, but the left one (facing the cutter from the back) is typically stationary since that's most-commonly the zero point (where plots begin). Using the tracks improves tracking on really long stuff. For shorter plots I just push them out of the way and skip using flanges altogether.

Doug Pulver

I believe that the one the red arrow is pointing to is a friction device to keep the roll of vinyl from unwinding all over the floor as the plotter pulls out more vinyl.

Any hydraulic shop sells O-rings, even auto parts stores such as NAPA, Auto Zone or Discount Auto parts carry a selection. If you can unbolt the roller so you can slip a new O-ring over the end you can fix it for next to nothing.