• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Da-da-da-dum... It's official! Critique my logo?

ucmj22

Dear sweet Baby Infant Jesus!
Background - No
3 fonts - No
4 colors - no
bevel effect - No
cliparty phoenix - No

If you aspire to be a graphic designer, Embrace the amazing fortune bestowed upon you of getting you feet wet in a silk screen shop! The basis for nearly all good layout is a grid, and the basis for nearly all good Logos is BLACK AND WHITE! this issue has been addressed in these forum adnauseum-regergetatum and should be heeded. not too long ago, Joe Diaz, and I believe Dan A. had posts on this subject... Read them. I am not trying to be a jerk, I would really like to see you succeed, But you will have to absorb and use screenprinting design theory in order to do so.

1/2-4CR3

Please see attached image for my thoughts on your logo. I have used it before. But it also applies to this.

Attachments

• turrible.jpeg
    turrible.jpeg
    139.5 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:

1/2-4CR3

Also I would be very leery of starting up a business if I were able to "kill" my family business (assuming they have been in business for a while) in only a year of running it.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
You've been given quite a bit of information as to why your design/layout/logo is not going to work for you, so no sense in adding salt to the wound.

Almost all of the posts have been more than helpful.
  • The only thing I can add............
Slow down and approach this.... and many of your possible new customers with a little less grandioso manner. You're pulling out all the stops and creating quite an eclectic something or other. It's not really professional... or even legible, but if you follow your present course, you're gonna end up like you did a year and a half ago.

Prove to your area... you're the new and improved 'Phoenix Graphix'. :thumb:

While you're at it, can you drop the 'X' and change it to 'ic' ??

Joe Diaz

You've been given quite a bit of information as to why your design/layout/logo is not going to work for you, so no sense in adding salt to the wound.

Almost all of the posts have been more than helpful.
  • The only thing I can add............
Slow down and approach this.... and many of your possible new customers with a little less grandioso manner. You're pulling out all the stops and creating quite an eclectic something or other. It's not really professional... or even legible, but if you follow your present course, you're gonna end up like you did a year and a half ago.

Prove to your area... you're the new and improved 'Phoenix Graphix'. :thumb:

While you're at it, can you drop the 'X' and change it to 'ic' ??

:goodpost:

sar bossier

Hey man, congratulations for starting off on your own!

I think designing your own logo is the hardest logo you'll ever design. I like the fact that you want to tie in parts of your parents' business. I like the dragon drawing. I like the layout of the dragon and the business name. I think the typeface choices are decent. I'd get rid of the background. I'd get rid of the bevel effect on the words (you could keep it on the dragon though). I would change the tag line. I would use a simple typeface for the tag line (3 creative fonts in one logo is too many). I would play around with other placements for the tag line.

I don't mean to be too picky. Good luck!

THIS just exemplifies what most are trying to say - ALL of the text & graphics get lost in the background - I couldn't even see the PHOENIX (dragon) for a couple of seconds - SIMPLIFY IT - remove the background. Save some of that stuff for other things ...

xxaxx

Oh for the love of God, please listen to everyone here ... that eyesore will do nothing but get your potential clients driving 20 miles up the road to the next small town with a mom and pop print shop that actually cares about what decent design is.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
If you don't want to simplify and improve your logo ... only suggestion I can throw out there is that it's lacking a ladder.

draw your logo by hand. for the love of all that is unholy, from a screen printing background you can spot good from bad easily ... you have 3 typefaces that do not match, the text is 3 different odd sizes and is the company name "PHOENIX rising from the ashes GRAPHIX" ... cause that layout is making people read that.

and great jumping jeebus, how many times do I have to say, draw your own art ... http://redcubewebmedia.com/2011/12/25-free-tattoo-design-pictures-for-tattoo-artists/

tired of seeing web poached graphics for a DESIGNERS LOGO!