• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Daige quikmount 3

zmatalucci

Please help! I can't figure this darn thing out. Whats the best way of getting the laminate started? Also, I've searched the web looking for the manual to no avail,,,any suggestions?

RJ California

I found the best way to start the laminate is to stick a flat, thin substrate (such as aluminum or 1mm Sintra) across the width of the laminate, loosen the tension on the roller, pull the laminate through the rollers (making sure that the laminate is straight and has even tension). Now tighten the rollers to the proper tension. It should work fine. The daige 3 takes some getting used to.
Have you upgraded to the new belt system for the 3? This won't affect the loading but it will make for a smoother running machine.

GregT

Are the belt system upgrades still available? I was told by dealer that they can no longer be gotten.

RJ California

I purchased my upgrade about 8 months ago directly through Daige (1-800-645-3323). Cost was less than $100 and well worth it. I actually like my Daige laminator now. I think it is a good value for a smaller sign shop that is not going to be laminating for several hours every day. I am considering adding the Daige 4 as a second unit so I can have one for cast laminates and one for calandered.