• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Daige solo 55", will pay for instruction.

Todd K.

So I bought a new Daige solo 55" laminator.

I cannot get it to laminate consistently. I have ruined so many prints...

I would be willing to pay anyone with a 55" Daige solo for private instructions.

I live in Texas and will travel.
Thanks,
Todd K.

PMG

I have one,,they are simple,,,,always does a good job for me. And yes he will get it working better than satisfactory.

strypguy

I have a 36" daige and have absolutely no trouble laminating. The one thing I noticed right away is you cannot use alot of pressure on the rollers. You will have a little noticeable "silvering" but it will go away, usually in a day or so.
I set my rollers so they barely have any pressure on the vinyl.
Give it a try.

John

maximumsign

Daige instructions

Step 1. Load on boat
Step 2. Motor out to deep water
Step 3. Attach rope
Step 4. Drop overboard
Step 5. Cut rope
Trust me you will save money in the long run. Daige is the biggest pos on the market. In one year we calculated what we wasted on a daige and it was close to $5000. We bought a new one from master and in 2 years we have only ruined one print. Sad part was a new master was $400 more than the daige. Good luck.

strypguy

I got mine used cheap. It works for me. It isn't the best but if your on a budget you can make it work.

You just got to know what you are doing, hehe.

John

jhd

I have a daige and I loved it, it fit my budget when I was starting out. I just upgraded only because my daige was shot and paid for itself and it was just time to upgrage to a Seal. I'm actually going to keep it to mount smaller scale signs. You just need to work through the quirks of the machine: Pull Lam through between rollers and stick the back edge of the outfeed table making sure there are no wrinkles on the top roller (if you look down one side of the lam, make sure the lam and the liner that connects to the take-up reel are all running in a straight line). Lower roller to the required thickness of the sled. Feed Sled through (to hold sled get yourself some wood shop rollers that you would use for long pieces on a table saw) Send the sled thought a couple inches (I use a 1/4, 4'x10' alumilte for my sled) on the other end of my daige I have a 16' table to catch the sled. In most cases you can tell if it is going to go smoothly or not. Just give it sometime and you'll learn the machine.

lol..............we had the same machine, had it for 8 months and i finally got around to giving it back and getting the new seal el instead.
the diage was nothing but trouble. i had 2 techs around with years and years of signage/print and lam experience and neither one of them could get it to lam consistantly!
its great for mounting, i could mount on that thing all day, but never could get it to lam correctly, no matter what we tried. i even spoke to the head guy at diage and although helpfull, still could not get it to work. i wasted so much material it was a joke!

petesign

The learning curve on a Daige is an expensive one... If you are persistent and your rollers arent warped, you will get to where you can laminate 30 feet at a time before you have to cut the leading edge and start again (it's tricky to get the media started square even to this day) - We had pressure problems a LOT when we started out, but it was usually due to putting more pressure than you need.

Get the wheels until the outside edges are JUST touching, and turn an additional 1/4 turn.

cartoad

I feel your pain, some have great success with the Diage, we had terrible luck like you,
broke down and bought a GBC Titan, while more money it has more than paid for itself in not having any ruined prints, and fast to operate. After I got the Titan, I was going to scrap the Diage, but decided to use it for mounting prints, which it does an excellent job.
If you are not in a position to replace it, read every thing here on the search for Diage,
then contact the ones who are using it with great success. Good luck on your qest!