• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Daige Solo

D3G

Anyone have an opinion on the Daige Solo? I'm thinking about ordering one from AllSquare Monday and I wanted to see if there are any opinions on this new model.

stickygraphics12

I love my daige 4 also! They have a learning curve but are very easy to use! A lot of people don't like them, I hated mine at first, but once I knew how to use it, my opinion changed!

My Diage 4 is works great. I think the changes to the new Solo will make it and even better machine. May consider upgrading at a later point. Can't wait to here some reviews on the new one.

PMG

No problems with my Daige 4............i would buy another one. My buddy owns a high dollar one and has had more issues with it than i have had with my chepo stinko daige 4.:ROFLMAO:

Circleville Signs

So should we buy a royal sovereign like yourself?
http://www.signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=60888

Don't think that's the answer!

LOL!!! Fair point :)

That being said, there's no way I could run 100'+ of material through a Daige with no issues.

I can't speak for the new "solo" model, but in the past lamination on a Daige was a two man job that required an absolute PERFECT amount of tension to be physically applied before anything even resembling lamination could take place.

Gary

BrianKE

The big question is what will you be using it for? Are you simply applying transfer tape or are you laminating prints?

I have a Daige 4 and have very few problems with it. I think one of the biggest "disadvantages" to the Daige 4 is that it has seperate tension knobs making it difficult to get the same tension across the entire roll. I believe the Solo has just one tension control knob so that would help things greatly with just that one change.

I only use my Daige 4 to apply transfer tape and I have had no problems in the last 4-5 months. The last issue I had was that the tape wrinkled on some vinyl but I know that was from me not loading the tape correctly after installing a new roll of tape.

B Snyder

LOL!!! Fair point :)

That being said, there's no way I could run 100'+ of material through a Daige with no issues.
Which model did you use? What happened that caused you to come to this conclusion?

I can't speak for the new "solo" model, but in the past lamination on a Daige was a two man job that required an absolute PERFECT amount of tension to be physically applied before anything even resembling lamination could take place.

How did you acquire this knowledge? Your statement couldn't be further from the truth.

RN

I love my Daige QM 4.
I don't use it with the laminate mounted on the rollers.
I cut the laminate size I need and then apply it to the print.
Also use it for coro and foam core mounting.

RJ California

We have two Daige 3's, one for cast and one for calendared. We've been happy with them for years. I've never had the need to laminate 100' in a single pass (ever heard of tiling?) and I don't think I ever will. The main thing is to set proper tension and alignment. I've never used the Solo, but I would not be afraid of the Daige name.