• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Daily cleaning solution?

speedmedia

Hey all,
I was wondering if there is anything else that can be used for daily cleaning solution for cleaning the heads and lines? Fresh out of my Mimaki stuff and was wondering if there is something I can just pick up from a hardware store or something.

This is for a Mimaki JV3.

Thanks,
Kurt

ColesCreations

If you have a cleaning cartridge, it can be cut open, same stuff, it's also much cheaper than buying it in the small bottles.

Other than that- have no idea, it's not regular paint thinner.

May try an auto paint shop, they may have something that will work, bring a printed sample and try, they'd have several different types of thinners

Rooster

Check with the 3rd party ink manufacturers that sell bulk ink systems and inks by the liter. They should have cleaning solution available the same way. If they list their inks as being compatible with the standard mimakis then it should be a compatible solvent base.