• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dale Earnhardt Jr. car help needed.

raw191

I'm trying to find the black with white outlined "scallops" that are behind the numbers on the side of this car. I'm learning illustrator, but it's slow going. Right now, finding one ready made is so much less time consuming. I could get it vectored, but this is the best shot I have of it, and it's not straight on. Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Ross

Attachments

• side photo.jpg
    side photo.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 150

PMG

Make it ,,,find An E that is rounded and then extend the end to points!!!! In the Pic i used the Aero font,and added points!!! The used the optimized curve tool to adjust the E!!!!

Last edited:

Hollywood

Watch Out

If I were you I would watch what I do because that "E" logo, not scollop or what ever you said is copyrighted and DEI WILL come after you. Not long after Dale Sr. died, someone started making decals of #3 with wings coming off the back and DEI sued him for copyright infringment, and won from what I heard. That is the Dale Earnhardt Legacy logo and that is the reason it is on the car.

raw191

I'm just doing it for one of my rc airplane buddies. Nothing more. I'm still trying "pro-motion"! AAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH. :)

If memory serves correct, that very same scallop is included with one of the available collections, I believe Roland's - but Fred may know better. Anyway, as for copyrights WE also made a very similar scallop (it is a scallop and not an "E") many years ago for a wrecker - long before anything appeared on D Jr's car - maybe they owe us money :)

Anyway, after Senior had his accident, there many people selling products with DEI trademarks (not copyrighted stuff) and that is what the suits were about. The name Earnhardt or Executioner with a number "3" is trademarked. The name, the word, or the number by themselves cannot and does not qualify for trademarking - as they are too general to be allowed.

Trademarks and copyrights are two different animals, although often confused.

PMG

Your correct Pro
Signs on all points,,its in the Roland collection,,and i think one other one has flames in the middle!!! Let me look threw it here and see !!!

Hollywood

Hey raw that cool I was just letting you know, or just what I thought. And Pro, that is the Earnhart Legacy logo, I am big in the Nascar seen. Look I am not tring to start anything here I just know that when Teresa started the legacy, that is when the "E" logo showed up on the car, it's a ''E" on one side and forms a 3 on the other side. But anyway, "good times". You are a good members to 101 and I like reading what you have to say because you seem to have good idea, post and you will help anyone you can, but I think that we agree to disagree on this one, LOL.

raw191

That's interesting history. I just thought they were some kind of design to mimick the vents behind the front wheels of the fancy sports cars. Didn't mean to open a can. Sorry.

Hollywood

No Can

You did'nt do anything or open anything, Pro and myself are just chat'n. I was'nt tring to come off the wrong way, I just did'nt want you to get in legal trouble, but I did'nt know what you were doing with it. Nothing wrong here, was just talking.

Timothy Davis

Raw it looks like Faux vents to mee as well. I can find nothing on that loook doing a google search. All I could find was an E legacy logo that looks nothing like that.

This is the 3 E I think you are talking about.

Attachments

• brand.gif
    brand.gif
    3.5 KB · Views: 109

Hollywood

Look on DEI website, under The Legacy, that is where the "E" on the car came from, they stretched it down the side.

raw191

That;s cool Hollywood. Email sucks for showing emotion. :-( I guess these little guys will continue to have to do.:) I am interested in staying out of hot water as well. Interesting to hear all of ya'lls insights into copyrights vs. trademarks. I'm new to all of this.

rw

PMG

this is one of the LegacyLOGO,i raced in Nascars Lower ranks(NAscar Winston Racing Series-Nascar Weekly Racing Series) from1998 to 2003,and that STRETCHED E is not the LEGACY LOGO!!!

Last edited:

Timothy Davis

I do see that the Scallops are also on the 1 car but I do think you are reading to much into it.

They look nothing like the E I found there.

I only posted because I could not locate anything relating to what he was looking for.

Hollywood

I admit that I don't know that much about the differance as Pro pointed out, he may be able to help more on what Trademark vs. Copyright is but I would be intrested to know to. I may have been mistaken weather it was a trademark or a copyright, or maybe it is not all of there logo but it is part. What format do you need it in. EPS

Hollywood

I also race the lower levels, 1999-present, I have wised up enought yet to stop dumping money in this to run, I guess you did. The only thing keeping me in it is really good sponsor. Not mad at me are ya PRO, just disagree'n right, LOL. Where did you race and what division.

raw191

I think, during all of this, that I got one that'll work. THanks for all the help and friendly banter. Always an interesting evening with my "101" buddies. Thanks guys.

rw